- Purchase and display a simple roadside banner. Keep it simple! The wording should be invitational and welcoming, something like “You are invited! Easter Worship This Sunday 11 am!” You can get the banner at any FastSigns or similar quick sign shop. Make sure you get the good material with wind slits and grommets so you can take down Sunday afternoon and use again next year!
- Mail out Easter invitation postcards you create on your computer and print on your color printer to EVERY visitor you have an address for from the past year. Sometimes people only need one more excuse to come back. If you mail Wednesday or Thursday they should get there by Saturday.
- Get on the phone. Give the recent guests to your worship service a call and let them know that you are looking forward to seeing them this Sunday. A little personal touch goes a long way.
- Set a goal to invite ten people to worship every day from now until Saturday. Get out in the community and find places where the people are! Go to the coffee shop, the book store, the gym and be available for some divine encounters. This can be tough for those of us who are introverts, but this is the one time of the year when most people are at least considering going to church. Be the church with the extended hand!
- Do a one to two minute, simple YouTube video invitation and put on your blog, your Facebook, and Twitter the link a couple of times a day. Then ask the Facebookers, bloggers and Tweeps in your congregation to include on their sites.
At the end of the day, do something. Our culture has never been more spiritually hungry. The economic crisis has caused people to realize that they need more than a 401K and a big house to really be happy. During this season of resurrection, find ways to invite those who are seeking into your faith community to find the hope they are searching for. Sharing this Good News is why I remain:
Consumed by the Call,