Here is a great "rap" video of a doctor providing basic information about preventing the spread of H1N1, or swine flu. I am sure all of the information is stuff we have heard before but I think he does a great job at teaching us how to communicate stuff we "already know" but often forget.
1. He makes it fun! Who wouldn't want to watch a doctor try to rap?
2. He makes it clear, you can understand what he is saying and why he is saying it.
3. He makes it real, he tells you action steps and why they are important.
4. He makes it brief, lets face it we live in a culture that where 2 minutes is too long.
5. He provides a place for additional information. He references www.flu.gov so that if you want you can get additional information.
These are lessons that all of us who communicate for a living should learn. Take a look, its only two minutes! I remain:
Consumed by the Call,
Dr. Marty Cauley