What is real love?
What is Love? According to:
• Pat Benatar…it’s a battlefield.
• Goethe "Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing."
• Oliver Wendell Holmes: Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
• Mark Twain: “Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
• Woody Allen: “Love is to suffer.”
• Solomon: “love is better than wine.”
Love is divine—it starts with God.
- God goes first. Prevenient Love
- God gives first. “while we were yet sinners…”
- You have two relationships with any gift, to receive it or reject it.
- Everyday you wake up and you get to choose if your life will reflect the love God has for you to the people you come into contact with, or will you reject that love.
- Love people, use objects.
- Discipline (n): training that corrects, molds, or perfects the mental faculties or moral character.
- It is practiced…there is always room to get better.
- Loving with your heart…what you are willing to pay the cost for, where your treasure is, that’s where your heart is. That is, where your time and money are spent spent
- Loving with your soul…what you care most about, where you spend your dreams.
- Loving with your mind…what you consider—what you think about most?
- Loving with all your strength…what you create, where you expend your energy.