Here is the new description of the opening that I am vacating in June. Application deadline is April 30th. Let me know if you need more information! I remain:
Consumed by the Call,
Lake Junaluska Assembly, Inc – Conference and Retreat Center – a United Methodist institution – located in Western North Carolina, seeks inquirers and applicants for the position of;
DIRECTOR OF MINISTRIES WITH YOUNG PEOPLE [Youth, Young Adults, Children/Families],
Qualified applicants should have a passion for developing transformational, cutting-edge, premier ministry events for young people on a large, year-round conference and retreat center campus with a diverse and global constituency.
The following professional, experiential qualities are primary:
• Christian background, knowledge of the Scriptures – and demonstrated passion and holistic approach for making Disciples for Jesus Christ through worship, mission, teaching/reflection, music and the arts; including a working knowledge of United Methodist polity, theology, and UM resources for young people.
• Highly developed, creative and spiritual leadership gifts, and a working knowledge of Youth/Young Adult culture, interests, trends, music, drama; as well as entrepreneurial skills, including demonstrated effectiveness in budget management; a growing knowledge of and experience in current and emerging technologies, the Internet, and cyber communications.
• Minimum of 6-8 years experience in Ministries with Young People, and identifiable experience in large event settings (300-500+) preferred.
A Masters degree (MDiv, MCE, or equivalent) is preferred – or applicants should have an undergraduate degree and relevant (graduate) coursework in the areas of Christian Education, Religion, or a graduate degree in a related field of study. Preference will be given to applicants who are certified in Youth Ministries/Christian Education, and/or persons who are ordained, United Methodist Deacons, Elders.
• Ability to travel to build network of regional leaders of young people and for event cultivation.
• A collaborative work-style that exemplifies/promotes relationship- building between young people and leaders of young people, and ministry peers/colleagues.
• Strong skills and experience in: staff/team-building, event planning, organization, and event implementation, Comfortable “on stage” and being the “face” of Ministries with Young People to a wide range of constituencies.
A detailed position descriptions is available online at - www.lakejunaluska.com or by contacting the Human Resources office at Lake Junaluska Assembly, Inc. – Karen Kirby, Director (828) 454-6707 email firstname.lastname@example.org or Rev. Roger Dowdy, Director, Director if Ministry/Event Development.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2009 – submit completed application and résumé to:
Lake Junaluska Assembly -Human Resources Department
Lake Junaluska, NC 28745
or email to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer